Our Winter Quarterly Meeting on Wednesday, December 9 was a success. Dozens of participants from across the U.S. were able to gather virtually for engaging presentations as well as an update on PHIUS activities and goals for 2021. The evening concluded with breakout networking groups to allow participants a chance to meet and discuss projects.
We heard updates from Chris Neidl of Open Air Collective about the role of public policy in reducing the climate impact of concrete. Lillian Maurer from BuildingLogic, Inc. talked about the “slabless slab” which can help builders and designers mitigate the environmental impact of their work. North River Architecture + Planning’s principal architect Stephanie Bassler gave the group an overview of Gallatin Passive House and the launch of North River Design Build construction practice.
A recording of the meeting can be found on PHA-HV’s YouTube channel.
Our next Quarterly Meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 10, 2021. Save the date for more presentations and networking opportunities. Visit www.pha-hv.org to subscribe to our email list for a reminder.
Our organization depends on your support. Please reach out to us if you would like to explore the benefits of sponsorship in time for our next meeting. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events & Resources
- Passive House Accelerator Global Happy Hour – Free virtual events on Wednesday evenings connecting people interested in Passive House. Open to everyone regardless of experience, certification, profession or location.
- Passive Design for an Ambulatory Surgical Facility in Kyabirwa, Uganda – December 15, 6PM ET
- AIA W+HV – Sustainability Committee Presentation #3 – Deep Dive into Passive House Air Tightness – December 17, 2020 at 12PM ET
- AIANY ResArch Practice: High Performance Homebuilders – January 26, 2021 at 6PM ET
- CPHC Phase II Trainings – Online sessions in early 2021: February 1-12, March 1-12, April 12-23
- PHIUS Hootenannies on YouTube – Every year these sessions, organized by profession, provide a forum for short presentations followed by freewheeling discussion and Q&A.
- PHAUS Member Portal
- PHAUS Member Office Hours
Interested in joining a Passive House Alliance chapter? Membership with Passive House Alliance US (PHAUS) is a great opportunity to connect with people, both novice and seasoned, who want to build energy efficient buildings that reduce the environmental impact of the built environment. Our network is expanding and PHAUS offers multiple levels of membership to get you started. Learn more on the PHA-HV website.
PHA-HV is the Hudson Valley chapter of Passive House Alliance U.S. (PHAUS). Advocates for passive housing models work to make ultra-low energy buildings a mainstream market force and an accepted best practice in the building industry. PHA-HV is your local resource for information about the passive house model and professionals who specialize in energy efficient design. Learn more at www.pha-hv.org.