Thank you to everyone who tuned in for our Spring Quarterly on Wednesday, March 10. We saw presentations from Ed May of bldgtyp with an update on the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act that was passed in 2019. Also presenting were Chris Sgroi from NYSERDA and David Tepper with Cameron Engineering who spoke about adoption of NYStretch Energy Code 2020.
A recording of Ed’s presentation can be found on the PHA-HV YouTube channel.
Attendees are eligible for 1.5 CPHC CEU. Please email us at email@example.com for the redemption code. CEUs can be self-reported at www.phius.org/cphc/self-report.
Our next Quarterly Meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 4pm. Save the date for more presentations and networking opportunities. Visit www.pha-hv.org to subscribe to our email list for a reminder.
PHA-HV depends on your support. Please reach out to us if you would like to explore the benefits of sponsorship in time for our next meeting. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events & Resources
- Aesthetics vs Performance – March 18 at 6pm ET – Architects James Hartford, Meri Tepper, and Bob Swinburne will talk about the intersection of design goals and building performance.
- Passive House 101: Pushing the (Building) Envelope – March 25 at 4pm ET – Tune in for a Chronogram Conversation panel discussion featuring local architects and builders who will outline Passive House benefits and incentives.
- Don’t get yourself into [Domestic] Hot Water: Modeling Plumbing in WUFI Passive – April 13 at 6pm ET. Andres Pinzon and Al Mitchell will guide us through the best solution for modeling your plumbing system in WUFI Passive.
- PHIUS Mechanical Summit – April 19-22 – A 4-day immersion tackling the persistent challenges presented by mechanical systems within the passive building community. Topics include design principles, gap solutions and products.
- Passive House Accelerator Global Happy Hour – Free virtual events on Wednesday evenings connecting people interested in passive building. Open to everyone regardless of experience, certification, profession or location.
- Upstate House magazine’s Passive House Guide – Hot off the press! Produced in partnership with PHA-HV, the 20-page publication pairs regional examples of Passive House construction and local experts with leading-edge architecture and building techniques. Find it online or in your favorite Hudson Valley coffee shop.
- The round 2 winners of the NYSERDA Buildings of Excellence Competition were announced this week. Congrats to the winning designers and teams and to everyone who is leading the way to a low carbon future.
Interested in joining a Passive House Alliance chapter? Membership with Passive House Alliance US (PHAUS) is a great opportunity to connect with people, both novice and seasoned, who want to build energy efficient buildings that reduce the environmental impact of the built environment. Our network is expanding and PHAUS offers multiple levels of membership to get you started. Learn more on the PHA-HV website.
Be sure to find PHA-HV on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and YouTube where we share a variety of content about Passive House.
PHA-HV is the Hudson Valley chapter of Passive House Alliance US (PHAUS). Advocates for passive housing models work to make ultra-low energy buildings a mainstream market force and an accepted best practice in the building industry. PHA-HV is your local resource for information about the passive house model and professionals who specialize in energy efficient design. Learn more at www.pha-hv.org.